|Posted on December 29, 2017 at 8:10 AM|
Cold and Flu Natural Remedy
Getting a cold or the flu? Here is an inexpensive and easy tea that can help-
Getting a cold and if you are not feeling up to going to your local licensed acupuncturist for treatment and you do not have any Chinese herbs on hand? Here is an easy and inexpensive way to help yourself and your family. This is a great tea that I devised many years ago and have recommended it to all my patients and family.
THYME TEA PROTOCOL FOR COLDS and FLU:
You will need:-
1) Take about an 1/8th of a teaspoon of dried thyme and let it steep for about 10-15 minutes in 2 cups of hot boiled water. After steeping, strain off the thyme and put the water into a mug
2) Then add a pinch of cayenne pepper, about a tablespoon of honey and the juice of a lemon
3) Drink the tea fairly quickly
4) Go take a hot shower
5) Dry off quickly (so that the pores of the skin stay "open"), put on a thick terry cloth robe and get into bed and (hopefully) sweat. Sweating allows the *pernicious influence to leave the body via the skin,
6) It is advisable to stay warm and eat lightly and avoid ALL dairy products (makes phlegm)
This tea can be taken throughout the day as well to help strengthen the body's defenses. Thyme tea has often stopped or shortened the duration of a cold or flu. *Traditional Chinese Medical (TCM) Principle states that colds and such are considered an "external pernicious influence." and that such influences can be "released" by the body from the inside out by sweating them out.
This treatment is one of many herbal and nutritional protocols, based on Chinese Medical Principles, which are easy and inexpensive to use.